Monday, May 30, 2011

Ciffhanger!

First thing's first; I need to make sure that Wuyi's sound asleep and then profusely apologize for doubting her concerning Joshua... no, better call him by his real name now -- Epimethus' intentions concerning our time at the village, the escape across the river, the freeing of his brother: Prometheus. Every thing he had said had been correct and truthful (I have a knack for these things) but the reasons behind them... I hate being duped.

Regardless, we fought the harpies, and while I'll never be as quick or deadly in a fight as Tal and Wuyi, I have my own tricks. So long as I concentrate before-hand, any person or creature that I'm opposed in battle will lose a bit of their own grace and agility. Like the oceans, I can control the ebb and flow of those around me. Father's gift.

Tal, being stupid... careless... foolish... whatever you want to call the snapped part of her mind that thinks suicidal actions are all right ... dived after a Harpy and if it wasn't for Ben being just as insane diving after her, she'd be dead and I'd be without a best buddy.

Damn it, it's hard to be relieved about your friend's survival and not lose the reputation of being shallow and indifferent. I tried to throw it back onto those two falling for each other, but, heh, they only had eyes for the other.

It's sickening sweet, like saturated sugar left in one's tea far too long.

In the midst of all of this, I finally, -finally- remembered one of the other tricks my father showed me about how to read people's true natures. It was how I learned that all three of our companions that weren't the core six weren't who they said they were.

Even Kathy. I'm most wary about her because I think that Tal is correct: she -is- the evil we sealed away. And what's keeping her from going evil again is that she's as memoryless as we are. We need to make sure that when we head through the twin gods at the mouth of the river Lethe, that we collect our memories while preventing her from gathering her own. That way, at the least, she won't be as dangerous.

Oh? Didn't I mention? We're apparently working with Prometheus now to escape Hades and I know that won't go well with Zeus, Head Honcho of the Greek Gang o' Gods (from now on, I'll call them the Triple G's!).

But that's inconsequential to actual escape, memory restoration, and figuring out what the hell is going on.

Oh! And I hate this swamp and this Underworld. And Harpies. I hate Harpies.

No comments:

Post a Comment