Wednesday, January 4, 2012

White Elephants

There isn’t much to say concerning the events in Hammerfest. Loki was easy enough to sniff out once word got around that we were looking for him. We met up at a gay bar and while Wuyi danced the night away and made the room gravitate towards her, I was turned down by my second ever man. Being two for two, Loki also revealed he was of the ‘preferring the rougher gender’ variant so at least my  rejection shave been consistent. It’s a little bit of an ego-dimmer but I’m not too put out. Regardless, after a deal where we wouldn’t bother him for a full year (of his choosing) he gave us a ring that’ll keep Artemis from properly catching us. It’ll infuriate the Goddess of the Hunt, but it works while we come with a plan.

Well, two plans. The first is a backup ambush set at the fortress. A Do or Die mission that’ll happen when our backs are against the wall. The bait would be one of Artemis’’ favored nymphs or a Scion. But that’s on the backburner. First we talk to Jord and see if the goddess has a less suicidal option for us concerning the garden. I think that would anger Vana, but I’ll do my best to assure the woman that we don’t want the garden destroyed in the slightest. I don’t think any of us do, to be quite honest.

Well, business out of the way, now onto personal matters. For my adventuring self, Kelly’s insistence of rubbing up on Wuyi like a cat in heat kinda tweaked me off. Yes, the relationship’s a little polyamorous. Yes, I don’t mind when Wuyi’s off flirting, but as long as it’s not Kelly. Ever.

 Beyond –that- … wild sex in the hotel room due to my ‘stay-at-home’ self being cheeky with Anann. I was smacked with a willpower-draining retort but really, I brought it on myself and it was all in good fun. I got Anann back a few times too and now I think we’re both plotting our latest ‘attacks’. She’s quite the devious planner when she puts her mind to it.

Speaking of deviousness, I’m concerned. A few nights ago, while the Band had travelled up to the town of Hammerfest, I had a strange dream where Dublin was covered in cloying mist that trapped and ensorcelled the Good Folk to dance and quiver in terror of someone called the Nightmare Lord. When I demanded to speak with this lord (because the pixies and the sprites are distant kin of mine and therefore my family) a Rakshasa approached me and… his voice was so haunting. When I awoke from the dream, I thought nothing of it.

Until the white elephant showed up in the garden.

Anann’s furious because she can’t do anything to the elephant. Commands, physical attacks, nothing that is her doing affects the creature. He likes me though, but I digress. The gift was curious because why would Ganesha send her a white elephant for the relief carved in the mountain? It doesn’t make sense. I mentioned the dream to her and she said she’d have Anna look into it and once again, I put the thought out of mind.

Until just this night. My memories aren’t synched yet so Rhiannon won’t know until the next time she sleeps but I awoke from a dream I don’t remember to seeing the mist over the Liffey river. The faerie lights twinkled in it and I was … I didn’t think twice about it as I left the comfort of my room to wander into that sinister promise. I wanted to go into the heart of the maze and dance. I was just about to cross the border of the mansion’s estate when I bumped into Anann. Well, her and a twinned aspect. They too had been drawn out into the mist. The three of us watched it roll over the town of Dublin and lull the faeries into a trance – it even started to pull at me again when Anann mentioned we should return to the mansion, her touch and voice shaking me out of the spell. Inside, we curled upon the living room couch and promised to never be alone while the mist rolled through the town.

It affected the Good Folk the most, but both Anann and I are closely tied to the faeries and so we’re also a little affected. I’ll start sleeping in her bedroom from now on or perhaps this will have her, Ann, and I all forgo the need to sleep and simply remain together throughout the nights as a precaution.

It’s a sidelong concern in the scheme of things going on, what with the Greeks and Tal’s worries about her father and the Teotl but it’s something I don’t think I can ignore any longer. Still, the Morrigu and the rest of the Tuatha are aware of it now and thanks to my doubled-life, I can keep an eye on this while we concern ourselves with perfecting the final phases of forcing the Greeks’ hands.

No comments:

Post a Comment