Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Still Dead and Still Not Loving It

This journal's going to be less a summary of our escape from the Underworld and more a ponderous pondering of thought for the moment.

Kelly was the first of us to figure out the 'regain important memory' deal and after a shrug, I scarfed mine down as well. What I got was a flash, but it made quite a few things clear. First Thing Clear: Wuyi's been there since before the Village. Intriguing. Second Thing Clear: I had a good reason why I saw attractive women and suddenly need to sway them to my charms. Third Thing Clear: Said second thing was tied to my current ambivalence towards everything. Final Thing Clear: We were truly and utterly dead.

It's hard to broach that subject when everyone's excited about us escaping and being free and... Wuyi's glomping excitiedness, but I finally managed to wap it upside their skulls that we were out of the underworld and that we were ghosts. It's decided we'll head into the city, and so we do.

At a clothes store in Naples (not sure exactly where that is, really) Tal and Ben were being less than their usual selves and Wuyi and I? Well, we decided to fuck the gloom and doom shit and celebrate being out of the Underworld. Dead people need love too! So, we did just that and I think I convinced Wuyi that I don't boast about my prowess without basis. Mwuaha. At least the clothes store will have a story to talk about!

Anywho! Moving on from the deliciousness that was the dressing room, Tal drags us to meet this scrawny, cowardly man called Reg-something? He was unimportant save for one thing: Once he found out we were specters, he decided to call the Keepers on us.

Right. Keepers. Remember me diving into the Lethe? The memories I received? Keepers were the big giant suits of doom and apparently are trying to pass off as Aliens. Back to the here-and-now.

I should feel bad for how I acted, but I don't. We weren't in a position to allow anyone to have anything on us, and so I ordered Reg to show us respect and to tell us what the hell was going on. When he seemed to waver, I casually mentioned that my next order would be 'die'. He shut up and got down to business, informing us about the state of the world. I want to say this was a one-time thing, but, no... it was part of that havoc of being a daughter of the celts created. Who I was, orginially, and what my father and fate deemed I would act like were two different things. Ice Queen to Life of the Party. The memory jostled some of the frosty nature back. It'll come in handy if I need to tell other people to sit down and shut up in the future.

Kelly, sweet innocent Kelly, mentioned Reg should call 911 for a possessed man outside. I barked for him to drop the phone. The girl nearly gave us away!

Oh, yes, possession. See, when we broke out of the Underworld, we sorta... tore a giant hole in the membrane between there and here. Right. Needs fixing, especially if I want to get on my father's good side to restore us to life because a) I'm not really in the mood to hunt down someone, then my body, and then murder them for my body b) I am NOT being a Shabti. c) I refuse to possess anyone and d) ...My father's a ferryman of the dead... if I come to him possessing a different body, he might not be pleased. He's a jokester, yeah, but... no. Not risking it.

First thing first though: close up Hades.

No comments:

Post a Comment