Thursday, July 14, 2011

Short, Choppy, and Wet.

Sometimes I wonder if Tal was an actress in our past lives. She loves the dramatic. After stabbing herself, Wuyi struggled to keep her alive as we landed on the shores of the Emerald Isle. My home. Fate, luck, or cunning design brought us here but I didn’t care for the moment. We needed Tal to be better and so after a struggle with Sawu’s silk, we lowered her to the water and I brought her along the land to find Ben.

We heard gunshots and I saw the birds circling in the sky a few miles inward. Tal was babbling nonsense to me as we approached, and once there, I saw Ben accosting a harmless old woman. After a quick conversation where she said she knew me, we were brought inside and promptly fed. It wasn’t as extravagant as Big H’s pad, but it was more… cozy. Comfy. It was quaint and home-like and I adored it. I told Mon a bit of what happened to us and our memories and she revealed that she was my step-mother. After that, I wanted to know everything. Especially the recipe to this delicious soup.

We spent a while chatting, while Rupper properly stitched up Tal. Then Ben announced we had wolves, big wolves, attacking the horses. Between him, Rupper, and Tal, they managed to kill the leader and scare off the rest. Tal tore out her stitches and Ben decided he was too good to walk on the earth and so started flying. FLYING. Lovely. He’s the grumpiest angel I know at any rate.

Tal was patched up. Again. And Ben announced we had another visitor. Again.

Said visitor turned out to be the owner of the house and… my father.

I’m not sure if I was excited or terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment