Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Personal Musings #3

The writing in these letters is frantic, almost worried. The loops are loopier, the crossed t's seem to tear through the page, and it's obvious how much force was used when the words were sketched down.


When we were waiting for Tal to pick up a trail to find Prometheus, I asked Fate some answers of my own. I ... Balor scared me  was concerned about the Keepers being at Cairo and so asked why they were there. Namely, I asked about Balor's long-term goals ... and they concern me.

He wants me to succeed. He wants to help me rise to divinity. It is within his best interests for me to achieve apotheosis and by doing so ... he will claim my body and mind for a second time and ask that I had my divinity over to him and ... if Mystery is truthful ... this will succeed if I do nothing to prevent it.

I need to prevent it. I cannot ask Anann's favor in this. She has to stay as... in the dark as she possibly can and it kills her to leave me on my own. Do you know... I . She trusts that I'll do what I can. I have brought Wuyi in on my mission and so while the rest of the Band follows Tal, I will switch Wuyi and Johnathan and let Wuyi come home with me. Then we will head to Dublin and then into Mag Mell where we will rescue my Grandfather, Lugh.

Lugh's my best shot at defeating Balor before he comes for me again. Wuyi's mad that I don't have faith in her but Fate doesn't lie. If I don't ... if Lugh doesn't agree to help... No. I can't think like that. I'll keep a straight, strong facade until I know for sure I'm safe.

I'm terrified.

No comments:

Post a Comment