Sunday, September 11, 2011

Keeping up with the Formorians pt. 1

You know, for the aspect known for her mind ... I'm sure the Morrigan wasn't thinking straight when she allowed Ben access to a credit card to buy whatever he wanted for our mission into the Keeper's Facility. Or when I got a hold of it for a new wardrobe.

Sure, I got the one suit ... and then paid for the rest of my purchases. Where did they go? I'll explain that in a moment. I intend to survive this and start wearing the thousand dollar suits again. You can't just fall back onto Walmart brands when your last cashmere scarf was as soft as a cloud.

Oh. Picked up a tablet too. Top of the line. After all was said and done and I was content, the librarian aspect (I have got to give the three names or it'll get awkward, I'll explain further down too.) showed up and arranged for the wardrobe I picked out to be sent 'somewhere safe' until our mission was complete. She then encrypted the tablet, took back the card, and headed off, managing to miss Wuyi's return by seconds.

I really hope she meant it when she said 'buy whatever you need'. We'll see!

I know, I know, Wuyi and I in a department store and we're not canoodling in the nearest booth? There's a reason. We fought. About the "sex curse" the Morrigan put on her because of whatever history was between them both.

Oh, and the obsession the woman has with me but that's... later. I'll go into that later when I get more answers. Where was I? Oh, yes! Shopping and discussing the sudden screeching halt on all sex-related fun times between Wuyi and myself. This is purely selfless. She doesn't want to sleep with Kelly, or hit on Tal. All right, there's a little bit in it for me. I don't want Wuyi sleeping with Kelly.

And it's because it's Kelly. Not because it's Wuyi sleeping with someone. Sex is sex. A curse isn't going to instantly make you fall in love with someone. However, give Kelly the right time of day and she'll take it wrong. And it'll blow up. Kelly doesn't deserve having false hope built up only to be crushed. Wuyi doesn't need that complexity. I don't need the drama.

We settled the geas issue with dialing it back to courting for now. I'll figure something out when it's no longer enough.

What else? Ah. Right. The Morrigan. Anann. Whoever. I took her offer. I swore to be devoted and faithful as long as she promised to never harm Wuyi. ... unfortunately a 'sex curse' doesn't count as harming. It's actually a boon. Wuyi's skills will be top-notch now.

Why did I agree? I look back and I can't... ugh. It was Rupper's fault. I may only have enough residual memory to fill a teaspoon but I had enough to stake my fucking claim when someone makes a move on what's mine. ...and that was totally creepy, but it's the truth. He moved in and I didn't want him to.

I thought I was happy with Wuyi and at first sign of trouble, I commit myself to another woman before her. I am a piece of work sometimes. I need to write the book on 'True Love: How to Show It". Fuck. Whatever.

Anann and Ben talk about the details of the 'How to Infiltrate the Formorian Base' plan while another one of her... the librarian that fuels every fetish of every schoolyard boy (and girl) strolled into view. She handed us the credit card, the passes to get into the base (reporters, clever.) and set up arrangements for the horses.

Afterwards, we all had three hours to do whatever. The Morrigan wanted to talk with Wuyi, and I needed to deliver the horses. Easy. Goddess, I only wish.

I couldn't... talk about it then, with Wuyi. Or to the others. Until the world ends again, all they'll know is that I went to drop off the horses and I want it to stay that way. I don't... it's... fuck. Hard to type. Give me another death in the family. At least I can pass the anger off to someone else. Blame someone else.

I screwed up a few days ago with the Smiling Man. I foolishly made a deal with him that was terribly lop-sided in his favor. He just gives off a dangerous aura, but I wasn't thinking straight.

He came to collect. After I dropped Fabio off.

There wasn't anything physically troubling. He was as 'charming' as always. But I don't think he was going to take 'now's not the time' for the answer again. I panicked. I tried to stall for time but it was useless. Who the hell would know where I even was?

Sex is sex. It's a natural itch to scratch and that's never bothered me until now, when I'm faced with going through the motions with someone who terrifies me with what he could do.

Then I noticed the birds. Ravens. Crows. I can't tell the difference. They started gathering more and more around me. Around him. And then? Then they attacked. three dozen crows pecking at eye and skin is a disturbing sight but they scared him off. One of them, the largest, most elegant looking one ... locked gazes with me.

I don't know what to think. Wuyi swears she's crazy, and a stalker, but she just saved me from a very unpleasant experience. Add that in with Wuyi ranting up and down about how the Morrigan said she and I were meant to be together, that we lasted the ages ... I don't know.

It's confusing and I have literally nothing to go on but the spur of the moment. The here and now. And I'm not sure I want to keep going on empty. I need my memories back.

...

I need to talk to Anann. I'll record the events in the facility when that's done.

No comments:

Post a Comment