Saturday, September 24, 2011

Letters to nowhere...

Fiona,

Well, if I'm going to have a parasitic hellspawn feasting off my innards to grow into a squaling anklebiter, it needs a name, right? Right. And it needs some ...record of what happens. It also needs to know where it comes from, sorry. That's gonna be hard. Lemme start again.

Fiona. You won't see this until I, or one of your other mothers, deem you ready to really understand what happened before you were born, and while you grew up. There'll be times when we might have to ... leave you. Keep you somewhere safe where you'll wonder why we've abandoned you and if you weren't good enough. This... those times will hurt but I hope that this log of everything that will have occurred since the very moment of your conception will be enough of a leave for your forgiven.

I assure you, by the end of this, there may be some 'ew, Mother' moments because I'll try not to go into detail but really, your mothers? Bunch of insatiable women who can't get enough of me. I hope you inherit that. Your mother's mind, but my smokin' good looks.

I'll probably be...hmm. This is harder than I thought. The relationship with my own mother, with your grandmother Fand? It's horrible. I won't know what comes in the future, but ... at this moment? As long as I'm out of sight and mind, she couldn't care more. She didn't want me. She didn't want anything to do with me, but darling ... I swear that's not what'll happen to you.

You're going to enter into a world where everyone's looking forward to seeing you. I've got nine months of you completely screwing over my body and I'm still eager to see if you've got my hair, or Ann's eyes, or if you're going to even have some quirk of Wuyi's because she's just got a knack for dealing with children in the womb.

Gods, you're going to come into an interesting dynamic. For one, there's me. Right now I'm being forced to watch a Project Runway marathon, listening to your biological ... hmm. Ok. Anann. I'm listening to Anann critquing the contestants. That's another thing. Your mother, Anann. She's an ancient triumrivate goddess who may or may not be the most mysterious woman you'll meet, but she loves you. She wanted you so much that there may have been a little trickery to spawn you. Finally, you'll have Wuyi. She'll probably be the sane one you'll get along with. At least, she's the most normal of us all.

That and you are no bastard child. In the old ways, the ways of my birth and heritage, you are the daughter of a marriage oath. A faerie marriage oath, but that's because we Sidhe are so perfect. At everything.

You were conceived during the week or so we unwound from the problems of nflitrating and destroying partly the Keeper Facility in New York. Unlike other children, I know exactly when you were created. You, my little hellspawn, were the reason why Anann had to create a fourth aspect of herself to wander around a party filled to the brim with guests that lit up any invite list. Heh, the Maiden aspect of your mother had to sneak around looking like me because, and here's an 'ew' moment for you, but a triple sexual foray with your mother when I swear the the heavens I was just trying to get dressed will always leave me unable to walk for the next hour or so.

Oh. And dear? Never give the Matron aspect of Anann, the one who'll you'll see and think is the most beautiful mother of all of us, any cheeky orders overt or subtle unless you want to wind up doing punishment. Of course, by the time you read this... and if you're anything like me (goddess, I hope you are), you'll know that little quirk by then. I apologize ahead of time.

At least you probably won't have the embarrassing nickname that we have for Wuyi. I wonder if 'Bunny Dolphin' will still ring as delightful then as it does now. Or if harpies and art studios will still be as romantic a bonding subject as it is now.

Right. The party. Hobnob of elite guests ranging from satyrs, nymphs, fauns and a delightful badger who had the most delightful accent. Anann's known for her get-togethers. Well, the Matron aspect. The Maiden (the one who'll love you the best and she'll never, ever leave you alone I can feel that) doesn't care for them. And your eldest mother thinks they're droll, but a good social experiment.

Wuyi looked amazing in her cultural dress. The rest of your mother's crazy friends looked dashing too. Your Uncle Rupper crashed out of a window when his father, Dionysus and D's guest Artemis arrived. And then, as they walked off discussing booze-induced stories, the father of your Uncle Ben arrived.

He was accompanied by a very attractive woman with a bulls-horns symbol. I knew right away who she was... Anann quizzed me on the list before hand so I wouldn't miss a guest. She's picky. You'll learn that. Well! Horus and Hathor arrived and, thing of things, demanded that Ben leave your Aunt Tal. Leave a marriage of love, for a marriage of hono--

I'm caught. Your mother's glaring at me and has stopped rattling of all the reasons why she thinks Tim Gunn is a scion of Ogam (the sly dog). I have to attend to her or she'll pout. You'll see how it is. I'll go into the boring details of the party when I've done my wifey-duties.

Before I stop though. I don't know what our relationship will be like when you read this. Or even if Anann, Wuyi, and I will be together, or even if I'm alive. But know this: Right now? Right when you're just a bundle of cells and your mother's Matron Aspect is acting like a schoolgirl crushing on the girl she's dropping frogs on? And your Maiden mother and Wuyi are crazy balls of insanity and love? And your Crone Mother is pursing her lips at the utter foolishness of drama and pettiness?

You're loved. So much.

No comments:

Post a Comment