Friday, September 16, 2011

Through the Looking Glass

It's interesting to flip back through my entries and see the journey from that sleepy village along the river to standing in the center of a Formorian-held Facility. All of that adventure summed up within a few pages of the written word.

This entry isn't much different. My part to play in the finale of our mortal lives was just one piece of a puzzle that hasnt yet been completed. There isn't much to say except that I still bolt awake at night now and scramble to find where I am ... if it's safe...

I'll go back a step or two.

Things were going terribly slow in the interview. Neither Ben nor Kelly were getting much headway into our job and another voice asking questions would make it worse so I invested myself in a excellent flash game. Soon enough, the song 'Always' embedded itself into my brain and I was whispering over Wuyi's shoulder as to how she could keep the unicorn from crashing when the sound of gunfire and screaming filtered into my awareness.

After that, the whole place kinda went tits over ass and naturally, the Band split off. Ben went to go rescue Tal. Again. The woman is like Daphne, from Scooby Doo. Wuyi, Kelly, and Rupper went to snag the Scion-To-Be.

Me? I went to shut that portal down.

I have to admit, it felt ... amazing ... to walk into a room and just own it. The space before the actual section with the portal was filled with guards and it took just one sentence. One! And they were dead, shot by their comrades and allies. It was a rush. Power is ... exhilarating. I held their lives in my hands and it was better than sex.

As they laid dead and dying, I chose quite a few to return to fight for me, to block the entrance and give me warning if Formorians approached. That covered, I stepped into the portal room. Looking back, I should have recuperated, or thought it through longer, but I had figured most of the facilities reinforcements had gone to fight the 'terrorist' attack.

I was right.

They had just left their shining blue general instead. They didn't see me at first, but barely a whisper of breath from me and he was on me. His grip was a vice on my wrist and his words were like writhing snakes in my mind. I knew it would break down any mental strength I had, but I chose what I wanted to sacrifice at that moment ...

... and it wasn't my Band...

They may drive me insane. I may think none of them are worth the time of day (besides Wuyi) but they're the only people I know and we needed this win.

It worked. He turned his attention away from the trouble outside, from the Scion he had been there to collect .. and he decided to go for me instead. It's an Irish thing. Pretty young maiden of the Tuatha ... handsome Formorian. It's like Greeks and incest. It's just going to happen.

Only trouble is, there wasn't any wooing. He just took it. Took me. This wasn't a seduction, this was a smash and grab job and by the end of it, every ... ounce of me wanted him. What little there was after all of our travels? Gone. It didn't matter. Father didn't matter. Wuyi didn't matter. Being alive didn't matter.
He mattered. Balor was what I lived for. He was what my body needed to thrive. He commanded and as his loving servant ... I obeyed. 

I know... gods... the past few journals have been... little more than angsty endevors into my 'life' but this... this monster had me quivering to please him. I'm just grateful he was more concerned about bringing me 'home' than seeing what the hell had upet his plans. That's... lovely, isn't it? And who says a pretty face can't change a war?

I joke now, but that pretty face? My pretty little face all tearstained and wide-eyed with blind devotion, with bruises on my wrist and my mind out of this world ... that sight was enough to shock me into reality again.
I didn't love him.

I loved... love Wuyi. I think I loved Anann. He was just some blue-skinned bastard who was in my way.  So I drew 'my love' down for a kiss and I put my all into it. I poured every passionately cruel thought I had towards what he'd just done and I slashed at his heel with the tidal current of my dagger.

It wasn't anything fancy. But it was enough to throw him off balance and back into the portal. He still held me but suddenly Wuyi's right there shouting my name and stabbing him with her spear. She also made a choice that day. She chose me. She chose me and I will never forget that.

We fled through the facility, running as the place came crashing down around us. I carried Wuyi up the stairs and did a slide under a Keeper. My long hair, one of my crowning glories, turned out to be a hinderence. As Wuyi cracked the floor under the Keeper, the thing grabbed onto my hair to keep from falling five stories. I didn't even need to scream ...Wuyi was there with the dagger, shearing off my hair. Then it just ... all flew by in a blur. Rupper was there and yet it was Balor asking me where we needed to go. We jumped out the building and down the wall and it's Balor standing there with a black eye and scratches on him asking us if we wanted a ride out.

He uses whatever voodoo he holds to transfer us into a crashed pile on top of a elegant bed in a bedroom that only European royalty could boast having. The librarian aspect is there, eyeing our damage... and then nothing. I just closed my eyes and waited for the day to be over.

When I had the chance, I avoided everyone, Anann included, and disappeared to head down to the poolside. I spent the first few hours in wrenching sobs about what happened at the portal. I resolved to never speak of it to anyone except Wuyi... and Anann, in time. And then I just... started to write. And write, and then continue writing. There, with my element surrounding me ... I wrote, well... this. The last hours have been nothing but retrospective knowledge and now it's time to claim my memories from Anann.

I'm ready to fill in the Missing Pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment